Because It's Awesome + Home Depot Patio Style Challenge

April 30, 2013

Today's the day that I can finally share my patio, party people! I say finally, but in reality things actually came together pretty recently. When Home Depot contacted me about participating in their patio challenge, I had no idea Mother Nature was going to make things such a challenge. It came down to the 11th hour and we had to push through record low temperatures (which we may be getting yet again this week..grrrrrr), but we got er done!


HUGE HUGE HUGE thanks to Eric and my mama for all of their help getting this together! Eric did so much work due to my preggers condition preventing me from heavy lifting, painting and staining. (Truth: I don't think he trusts me to do as well on the DIY experiments projects anyway.)

And I've not given her enough credit to date for all that my mom has contributed. She was definitely my sounding board when making decisions for this challenge under the clock. Not only that, but she is often my partner in crime when antiquing, consignment and Craigers shopping. It's kind of become our thing, and I've scored so many great pieces thanks to her! She was pretty instrumental in that One Kings Lane sale success. The lady makes a pretty great business partner, I gotta say :)

Enough of the sentiments. Go check out the final product! But be sure to come back and tell me what you think....We'll recap everything in depth later this week.

16 comments:

Proper Hunt said...

It looks amazing Tobe!!! I loved that you repainted the large coffee table to be a side table - brilliant! It looks like the perfect place to entertain or just to relax in :) Congrats girl!

xx.
Christina

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

Wahoo! It looked beyond my dear! I want to party there for sure!

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

It looks great! I love the Adirondack chairs and how you added little doses of color. Great job!

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

love the textile added in. And let us know later about the fire pit. do you find yourself using it often? I always wonder!

Sarah said...

Insane. Please come do mine. It's lonely with just a table.

Melissa @ Loving Here said...

It looks great! Hubs and I are also Kansas City-area home bloggers (I'm much more of a newb than you!) at www.LovingHere.com, so I was super excited to see your post on the Home Depot twitter feed. Congrats! And enjoy the awesome patio!

Phil said...

Looks awesome Tobe. The stain you chose for the chairs matches the fence and potted plants beautifully, and the copper fire pit is a great centerpiece to bring it all together. How long have you been hiding the project shots from us? :)

Morgan said...

it looks incredible!!!! congrats!!

{The Design Daredevil} Jessie D. Miller said...

You did a crazy great job! I love your colors, it looks really comfy also.

I did love your wicker chairs also, but thats just me.

And HELLO! How did I just now realize you are expecting??? I'm so happy for you :-)

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love that set you chose, looks great Tobe!

Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke.com said...

looks amazing! congrats on your cozy space. Love all the potted plants!

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

The patio is amazing! I love that you swapped the spaces. It's totally inviting. You have a beautiful yard!

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

i love that little table stage left.

Unknown said...

Oh you've done an amazing job! I love it all, looks like such a cool place now to hang out with a few beers and a bbq ;) I'm actually trying at the moment to work with a national DIY store here in the UK in a similar way - they've never done anything like this before but it certainly helps to be able to point them towards the work you've done with Home Depot so they can see the opportunity available. Fingers crossed they go for it ;) xxx

Unknown said...

Tobe, I am so proud of your porch challenge and what a fantastic job you did. It looks amazing and kudos to Eric and mom for all their help. I hope you enjoy your beautiful backyard more and that the weather enables you to. Love
Love it girl, you outdid yourself!
Xo Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

Darn I'm so behind. What an awesome double tiered space!! An outdoor sofa is on my dream list and I just love all the colorful pots and plants.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger