interiors || crushing on a new hue

November 16, 2011

i'm not sure what's gotten into me lately, but new hues are broadening my appeal. as a wildcat, there's no denying that i bleed purple. however, it's never been a top pick when it comes to my home until very recently. and there's really not a specific shade that i'm sticking to, either. i'm loving everything from lavenders to plums to the bluish variety.










 i mean, if done right, it actually acts as a very beautiful neutral.
what do you think? am i losing it?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

As a fellow K-Stater I love everything about this post! Great images of how purple (which I too, bleed) can add a lot of depth and inspiration to a room!

MFAMB said...

OMG i totally put lavender in the moodboard i just sent you.

Tobe | BIA said...

because you're awesome, jenny.

Aly McLoughlin-Harte said...

Eh. not sure I appreciated the wonder of your blog to the full extent... but now I do! Fab images and inspiration hands down

Lily said...

Gorgeous !!! Love the darker shades like in the third photo !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Something Gorgeous said...

I think it has its place. The beauty of adding colour to your room is that you can take it away when you tire of it. x

InteriorGroupie said...

yes, definitely has its place! lavendars and muted "mauves" are really relaxing and sophisticated.

Lauren said...

you're not losing it! these rooms are really, really nice.

keschen said...

Hi, I've just stumbled across your blog and its amazing. These photos are gorgeous. I am a fashion blogger and I would really appreciate it if you could check out my blog and follow me there. I will definitely follow you back :)

http://raindropsofred.blogspot.com/

You can also find me at twitter(@RaindropsofRed) and facebook(Raindrops of Red)

xoxo

in my bubble said...

I'm in love with this post. You are soooo not losing it! Thanks for your blog. Makes me so happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger